Manassas Church Softball League (MCSL) is a recreational church softball league located in the western part of Prince William County. Sanctioned by USSSA. MCSL Plays at two locations, Valley View Park in Nokesville, Virginia and Ben Lomond Park in Manassas, Virginia. All places of worship and all levels of abilities are welcomed to play. MCSL typically plays on Friday and Monday nights.
2023 Spring Season will kick off on April 14th and run for an 11-week game schedule. If you are interested in putting in a team for the Spring, please email the league at manassaschurchSL@gmail.com.
Coaches and Assistant Coaches
Spring Season will be 11-weeks and the Fee's are $1100. You will receive 1 dozen USSSA softballs. Team Rosters were due March 15th. County Rosters and fees are due by March 30th. Please see below for payment information. Rosters can be emailed as well to manassaschurchSL@gmail.com
Make checks out to: MCSL or Manassas Church League Softball
Payment address: - mail or drop off -Brown's Insurance 9170 Prince William Street Manassas, VA 20110 c/o Jeff Brown
Can take electronic payments, please call Brown's Insurance at 703-368-0333 during business hours. Closes at 5pm.
Roster templates are located on the left side of this webpage. Please use the Spring template must have 15 names with PWC addresses.
Thank you and looking forward to a great Spring season!
2023 SPRING SEASON RULES AND INFORMATION:
All rules will remain the same from the previous season unless we vote on changes at the coach's meeting on March 30th. After voting, rules will be updated and placed on this webpage for you to view!
Rule changes up for vote:
1. Cutting the mat around home plate to push the strike zone back further. The home plate is not a strike.
2. Pick players must be on a MCSL Roster and can only play down 1 division. A D1 player cannot play on D4 team, for instance. Both coaches must approve. before the start of the game.
1. No courtesy foul if batter already has 2 strikes - will be an OUT if the ball is hit foul on the 3rd strike. (Speeds up games) For all divisions.
CURRENT RULES STILL IN PLACE:
2. ***USSSA Stamped bats ONLY*** Must have either the current 240 stamp or the 220 USSSA thumbprint stamp on the bat and not on the banned list. ASA/USA only bats are no longer allowed, Dual stamped bats are allowed as long as it has the USSSA stamp on them as listed above.
3. Any USSSA Stamped approved ball will be allowed. We will issue every team 1 dozen Demarini Pro-M balls. Additional balls are available to purchase if needed.
4. ***No one under the age of 18 is currently allowed to play***
5. A rubber Mat will now be used for all divisions (Mat will be Senior Softball specs. which will cover the entire home plate and extend behind the plate. )* up for rule change vote*
ASA/USA - Official Site
ASA/USA - Banned Bat list
NSA - Official Site
NSA - Banned Bat list